Free Online Resources
This page is dedicated to helping English language teachers locate and integrate online tools and resources in their lessons.
Discover valuable resources for teaching a wide range of lessons such as Business English, Young Learners and more!
Find fun and communicative classroom extras such as online games, worksheets, quizzes, games, songs, activities and lesson plans.
- One Stop English is a site packed with interactive games and activities for English language teachers
- Skillswise is a BBC site with dozens of activities, worksheets, quizzes and fun online games, which aim to practice reading, writing, grammar, spelling, speaking and listening, etc.
- Puzzlemaker helps teachers create their own personalized crossword puzzles. This is a wonderful way to customize your lessons.
- CBC Podcasts are sure to spark interest and emotion in your students! Use these programs to practice listening skills and generate interesting classroom discussions.
- CNN's Student News has ten-minute daily news programs for middle and high school students.
- EFL Playhouse includes English language teaching resources such as games, songs, tongue twisters, puzzles, quizzes and more for teachers of Young Learners!
- Hot Potatoes is a suite of six applications, which enables you to create interactive multiple-choice, short-answer, matching/ordering and gap-fill exercises.
- Business Emporium is a site where you will find a collection of business vocabulary quizzes, tests, Business English lessons, as well as some tools to help you teach T.O.E.I.C (Test Of English in International Communication).